Updating Employee Handbook
If you already have a staff handbook in place and are looking for it to be updated, we’ll review what you have, let you know the gaps and then make the necessary changes to the guidance and policies.
Note: the review is free and non-obligatory.
Updating your Existing Employee Handbook
Employee Handbooks can quickly become outdated. This can be due to:
- Changes in employment laws and you don’t reflect this in your policies, or
- Changes in your business and you don’t reflect this in your procedures.
Before you know it, you have an obsolete document that you really don’t want people to look at too carefully because it no longer reflects how things are.
You should regularly review and update your employee handbook, and if you need a bit of help with this then you’re in the right place.
Key Service Features
- Complimentary review of your existing handbook (up to an hour) by an experienced HR professional.
- Report of any areas that should be updated along with a fee estimate of having us undertake the updates.
- An updated handbook that reflects your business and current employment legislation.
- The work can be performed either onsite (face to face), offsite (phone and email) or a bit of both.
How We Can Help
If you already have an employee handbook in place then you’ll want to use that as a starting point.
Therefore, we’ll start by providing a complimentary review of your existing employee handbook and let you know the areas where improvement is needed. Please note: We cap this review at an hour as there are some really long, complex employee handbooks out there!
During this review, we’ll work with you to find out more about your business, and offer insight into areas you should be looking to cover. We’ll then let you know if there are areas which we think you would be wise to address, both mandatory and optional, as well as any specific requirements to implement the changes.
From this, we’ll update the handbook, review them with you and then support the roll-out to your staff.
Employee Handbook Roll-out
One key element is the roll-out of the employee handbook to your staff. How complex a process this is will depend entirely on two factors:
Firstly, we’ll need to understand whether your current handbook is contractual.
- If it is contractual, then the roll-out process is slightly more complex.
Secondly, we’ll need to understand how much change your making.
- If your new handbook simply captures how things are then the roll-out process is simple.
- If you’re making lots of changes to how things are, then you’ll need a more structured approach to implementation.
The handbook review is free and non-obligatory; we do cap the review to an hour.
After the review, we’ll then give you an estimate of the number of hours we expect the update to take.
Employee Handbook Roll-Out
As part of the provision of the handbook, we’ll also give you an estimate of the number of hours we expect the implementation to take.
Our service fees range from:
- £110 per hour for offsite support (phone and email)
- £140 per hour for onsite support (face to face at your offices and other locations)
Of course, it’s always difficult to be completely accurate as you never know what’s going to happen when people are involved.
We will agree any work before it is performed and keep you updated on the costs as they accrue.
Notes: All prices exclude VAT. For new clients, we may request a percentage of the fees upfront.
0203 319 1649