Our job description service works with you to create a job description for each role in your business.
Service Key Features
- Clarity of roles to make sure everyone knows their responsibilities.
- Creation of job descriptions by an HR professional based on company's current and future needs.
- The work can be performed either onsite, offsite (by phone and email) or a bit of both.
Give us a call on
0203 319 1649
Getting the Job Descriptions Right
We meet with lots of businesses who don't have job descriptions in place and many shy away from them because they fear creating a culture of "that's not my job".
Actually, what job descriptions do is provide clarity. They ensure that all employees know what their responsibilities are and how success will be measured. They allow effective management and help you support growth in a structured way.
We do know that job descriptions can be very low down on the list of priorities in organisations but we'd really encourage you to think again.
Providing clarity and making sure that everyone knows their responsibilities really does free up a great deal of management time.
- You remove inefficiencies where you have two people undertaking exactly the same task because both think it's their job.
- You avoid issues falling through cracks as everyone knows their responsibilities.
- You create a confident workforce who can get on with doing what you employed them to do.
We'll agree a template with you and then go about interviewing your staff to find out what they do. We can then look at setting appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets.
The key part of this service is actually the interview process. Of course you could create job descriptions yourself but everyone in your business is very close to the roles and therefore a lot is taken for granted.
When we arrive we come with fresh eyes. We ask stupid questions and can also challenge things that don't seem to make logical sense.
Having conducted the interviews we'll create the job descriptions which are initially reviewed by the post holder before being signed off by management.
As part of this process we'll meet your team and if you'd like us to, we'll provide you with feedback on your team members and give some ideas as to how they could possibly be developed.
Our services are from:
- £100 per hour for offsite support (phone and email)
- £130 per hour for onsite work
depending on the work required. We'll speak with you to understand the situation you are looking to manage and the level of support you require. We'll then give you an estimate of the number of hours we expect the matter to take. We allow 2.5 hours per job description, although there are natural economies of scale.
Of course, it's always difficult to be completely accurate as you never know what's going to happen when people are involved. We will agree any work before it is performed and keep you updated on the costs as they accrue.
Note: For new clients, we may request a percentage of the fees up front.
Refer to our pricing page for more information.