Changing Terms of Employment
Working with you, we ensure the changes of employment terms and conditions you want to make are appropriate and legally compliant, and that the change is managed quickly and effectively.
Making Changing to Terms of Employment
As your business grows and the working environment changes, there comes a time when you may need to consider making changes to the agreed terms and conditions of employment. Many businesses avoid taking action as they think it’s going to be very complicated. Others just wade in, issue a new contract and then have to deal with the consequences.
As much as you’d like to, you can’t simply change terms and conditions of employment. There are some strict rules in place regarding making changes and a defined process that you need to follow. What you can and can’t do will really come down to reasonableness and we’ll be able to offer you guidance as to how many challenges you’re likely to face based on the changes you want to implement.
Key Service Features
- Confidence that the changes your making are appropriate and legally compliant.
- Early insight into the challenges you’re likely to face based on the changes you want to implement.
- Access to an HR professional who can help you to deal with any surprises along the way.
- The work can be performed either onsite (face to face), offsite (phone and email) or a bit of both.
How We Can Help
Varying terms and conditions can be complicated but we can help guide you through the process and even manage it for you if that’s easier.
If the change is something minor and gives additional benefits to the employees, then your process will be short and non-contentious. On the other hand, if the change is more substantial, you’ll likely to need a full consultation process with your workforce and these can be challenging.
At Lighter HR Solutions we can either:
- Support you through the process, by helping you to define what your consultation process, timeline and communications need to be, and then you can go and manage the process yourself;
- Manage the entire process for you, issuing the documentation, dealing with the questions (clearly not agreeing to anything without consulting you), and making sure that the signed copies of the documentation are returned.
We understand the complicated nature of these processes and can help you navigate them with confidence.
Our service fees range from:
- £105 per hour for offsite support (phone and email)
- £135 per hour for onsite support (face to face at your offices and other locations)
We’ll speak with you to understand the situation you are looking to manage and the level of support you require. We’ll then give you an estimate of the number of hours we expect the matter to take.
Of course, it’s always difficult to be completely accurate as you never know what’s going to happen when people are involved. We will agree any work before it is performed and keep you updated on the costs as they accrue.
Notes: All prices exclude VAT. For new clients, we may request a percentage of the fees upfront.
0203 319 1649