We are looking for an HR Officer to help us provide support to our clients. This role will be varied, busy and challenging and will give the successful application exposure to a broad range of complex HR issues.
The role is to:
- Offer support to Consultants, Senior and Principles, particularly in relation to creation of documentation.
- Deal with basic client enquiries and begin building direct relationships with clients as appropriate.
- Contribute to HR project work, i.e. design and implementation of performance appraisal processes, as part of a team (of client and Lighter HR resources).
Join our HR Consultancy as an HR Officer
At Lighter HR Solutions, we pride ourselves on really understanding the challenges that our clients face and have built a team of HR consultants that provide pragmatic, proven solutions and advice, rather than “one size fits all, read from a script” guidance.
We do not operate a call-centre type model; our consultants know their clients as it’s only by understanding the people and environment that we can really help businesses to accurately assess their risk and options when dealing with HR issues.
Responsibilities of a Lighter HR Officer
As an HR Officer in a growing company, your role will be varied as, in addition to delivery to clients, you will contribute to many aspects of the business operation.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Creating letters, contracts, handbooks etc for review by more experienced members of the team
- Dealing with basic enquiries/matters and escalating to the relevant HR Consultant/Senior if necessary.
- Keeping client data up-to-date.
- Contributing to the preparation of training materials.
- Supporting more experienced members of the team in HR activities, i.e. disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings, preparing redundancy documentation and issuing client documentation. Whilst this may be a brief point on the role description, this is the essence of the role. We deal with every HR situation imaginable and this role will give the success applicant exposure to them all.
- Supporting more experienced members of the team in HR project work, i.e. design and implementation of performance appraisal processes, for clients.
- Contribute to the production and review of information to support sales activities, including the development of service sheets and the creation of sales proposals.
- Ensuring that printed collateral is ready for individuals who are attending new business meetings.
- Contribute to producing materials to support specific and on-going marketing activities, including regular writing of blog posts on topics which are relevant to our target market.
- Contribute to the development of the processes, tools and templates used in the delivery of work.
Here are the behaviours that we feel we make you successful in this role:
- Logical Thinking – Much of this role involves thinking logically through a challenge and using that logic to come up with a sensible approach and using that logic to learn the quickest and easiest way to complete activities.
- Desire to Learn – The role presents the opportunity to be involved in every area of the HR so a genuine interest in learning about a wide variety of different topics is essential.
- Excellent Communicator – The role will involve interacting with all employees of the company and some client contact so it is important that the individual is articulate and able to communicate ideas and suggestions in a professional and engaging way.
- Organisation and Time Management – The role will consistently have to manage competing priorities so excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills will be a must.
- Detail Focused – Attention to detail is vital for all tasks that this role will be undertaking.
In order to be considered for the role you must have:
- Level 5 CIPD qualification (absolutely essential).
- Experience using the Office suite of products.
(If you don’t meet these requirements, come back as soon as you do as we’d love to hear from you then).
If you believe you could make a great contribution to our clients and the team, please complete the form and upload your CV.
We review every CV sent to us. We will contact you within a couple of days of receipt to advise if we would like to meet you to discuss further.